Nurture Inspire Achieve
At Butterstile our school vision is to Nurture, Inspire and Achieve. It is at the heart of our curriculum and all that we do.
Nurture: By providing a calm, caring inclusive environment where children’s well-being is paramount, we develop the whole child and provide support to meet the needs of all children and enable all to access the curriculum fully.
Inspire: By providing a curriculum that engages and challenges all children; provides opportunities and experiences to broaden their horizons, raise aspirations and develop active global citizens.
Achieve: By deepening knowledge and skills, with literacy at the heart, ensuring effective progression within each subject and across all year groups. We will celebrate achievements and successes both academically and in other areas such as ‘The arts’ and sport.
We aim to:
- Ensure high quality teaching which will equip our children with the necessary skills to develop a lifelong love for learning
- Provide a fun, vibrant learning environment and promote a wide range of enrichment experiences, ensuring happy and long-lasting memories are made
- Create independent, confident, resilient, hard working members of society with high aspirations for their future
- Develop compassionate individuals who accept differences; learn to value and respect themselves and others and are proud of their own and others’ successes
- Promote, facilitate and enable the inclusion of all children.
Our core values are in place to enable our children to become lifelong learners and responsible global citizens. Our values are honesty, cooperation, empathy, resilience, curiosity, forgiveness, tolerance, courage, independence, ambition, perseverance and respect. These values are embedded within our curriculum and we revisit them on a regular basis.
Our curriculum is underpinned by a core set of values that we teach alongside developing our children’s understanding of the British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.