As we come towards the end of September we can reflect on what a busy start to the school year we have had. We have already had many visitors in school, including:
- Castlebrook High School who delivered an assembly for Year 5 and 6 children on life at high school.
- Prestwich Arts College who delivered workshops with each Year 6 class, helping them to understand the Prestwich Arts College values and to support them in their preparation to transition to high school.
- The staff from Bury Music Service showcased their musical talents in the hope of inspiring some of our future musicians.
- CBBC worked with our Year 6 children and have selected 5 of our pupils to take part in one of their live programmes.
- Mrs Cooper's Mum visited the Year 1 children to answer their questions about life in the 1960s, followed by Miss Hoyland's Mum who was interviewed by the Year 2 children about her travels around the world as a member of cabin crew.
Over the coming weeks we can look forward to visits from the NSPCC and the Bury Road Safety Team.
It was lovely to see so many parents attending school events such as the 'Meet The Teacher' meetings and the Macmillan Coffee Morning and we look forward to seeing more of you in school for forthcoming events such as our Harvest Assembly, parents' evening and class or year group assemblies. Remember, all of these dates can be found on the calendar on the school website.
97 Club - Attendance
As we have been in school for 4 weeks, we have completed the first round of our 97 Club. Every 4 weeks we analyse the attendance and punctuality of our classes from Reception to Year 6, to motivate children to attend school, to help them achieve our target of 97%+ attendance. We are fully aware that children can be ill and must have time off school when necessary, however it is vital that children attend school regularly in order for them to achieve their potential. At present, out of the 14 classes, 8 have achieved this target in the last 4 weeks, with 6 of these classes achieving over 98%. This is a fantastic achievement and something we really want to continue.
'Attend today, achieve tomorrow.'
Many thanks for your continued support.